Tŷ Halen, our award-winning Saltcote and Visitor Centre, is a unique £1.25m bespoke building. It is a first for Anglesey, Wales and the UK, and lies on the banks of the Menai Strait in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, next door to Anglesey Sea Zoo.
Since March 2015, we have been proud to offer ‘behind the scenes’ tours around Tŷ Halen. Our one of a kind tour is recommended for anyone interested in salt’s place in our history, culture and food, and in what makes Halen Môn Sea Salt PDO the world’s finest seasoning.
Led by a trained guide the tour includes a tutored salt tasting and lasts approximately 50 minutes, the experience will offer visitors a real flavour of our company, and a chance to chat with members of staff.
In addition to a home for our hand-harvesting process, our building has a contemporary, design-led gift shop, with plenty of parking for both cars and bikes.
We are open 10am to 5pm seven days a week throughout the year, except for a 12-day closure over the Christmas and New Year period. Tours run hourly between 11am and 4pm during peak season, and three times a day off-peak.
Please book by phone on 01248 430871 if doing so on the day, or drop us an email if you’d like to book in advance: email@example.com. Please make sure you book in advance if you have a voucher.
Whilst children are welcome to join the tour, it is primarily designed for adults. The charge for 8 years plus reflects this.
Charges: Adults: £6, Seniors and Islanders: £4.50, Children: £4, Children under 8: Free
Our shop is open 10am-5pm every day for those who just want to stock-up on the best seasoning money can buy.
We very much look forward to welcoming you.
- Cyclists welcome
- Walkers welcome
- In countryside - Our saltcote is located on the shores of the Menai Strait in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- All areas accessible to mobility impaired visitors
- Assistance Dogs Permitted
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit - Tours and tutored tasting take about 50 minutes, but leave time to browse around our design-led shop.
- Groups Accepted - We can accommodate groups of between 14 and 24 by arrangement (Monday - Friday), and up to 40 at weekends.
- Major credit cards accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - We can accommodate evening tours for groups of up to 40 by arrangement
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Welsh spoken
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
|2017 (2 Jan 2017 - 22 Dec 2017)|
* We are open 10am - 5pm 7 days a week all year except a 10-day closure between Christmas and New Year