- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Telephone (public)
- Sauna onsite
- Games room onsite
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
Parts of the building date back 300 years so access is not perfect. The Tyn y Coed is in a rural area, set adjacent to the A5. A large, rough surfaced car park is opposite the hotel – the other side of the road – however cars can pull up onto the wide pavement outside the front door to unload. <br> Public transport is available but poor. Collection service from Betws y Coed train station with prior arrangement. Volkswagon Transporter – 6 seats – large luggage space. <br> Double entrance doors. <br> Most of the ground floor is level throughout, but there are 3 steps up to the dining room. An access ramp is available upon request. <br> Accessible unisex toilet with baby change facilities is in bar area. <br> All bedrooms are on the 1st floor, unfortunately there is no lift access. For those with limited mobility the stairs have a hand rail, but the stair has one turn near the top. <br> Corridors are well lit. Rooms clearly signed with raised numbers. <br> All rooms have cordless kettles & remote control televisions. <br> All superior rooms have switches & power points 900 to 1200mm from floor. Most superior rooms have walk in shower with one step. <br> Assistance dogs are welcome. <br> Tariff & menus can be provided in large print. <br> Mobile phone network not reliable due to mountainous nature of the area. <br> <br> We do not have 24 hour service, but we are a family business, we all live on site & are happy to provide any assistance we can.
Disclaimer: North Wales Tourism cannot be held responsible for the standard and quality of any property featured that is not graded by an official organisation.