Snowdonia Guides was founded in 2006 to create a 'one stop shop' for the established brands of tyred out, Ultimate High & the lodge.
Bringing the 3 brands together has created a single point of contact for clients, as well as allowing us more time to do what we do best - delivering high quality activity breaks!
Snowdonia Guides also provides formal instruction in mountaineeering & climbing.
If you feell your your technical skills would benefit from professional input, and you want to develop the skills to fulfill your own aspirations, then a day or more with Snowdonia Guides is for you.
Specialist equipment included on all activity breaks.
the lodge is our 4* graded self catering accommodation.
This interior-designed barn conversion is available to both clients on a Snowdonia Guides break, or on an accommodation-only basis, fo clients wanting to do their own thing!
Open all the time
Open all year round
Price on application
SH 773503 53.03587 -3.83132
We are based in Penmachno, just of the A5, south of Betws y Coed.
Turn off the A5 approximately 3 miles south of Betws y Coed, onto the B4406 to Penmachno.
Once in the village, turn right at the Eagles Hotel, keeping left past a row of terraced houses, past Penmachno Hall, and up out of the village.
Follow the road, keeping left/not taking any right turns until a dead-end sign can be seen at a fork in the road.
Once again, keep left, taking the single track road for approximately 1/2 mile, taking the first left turn down to Plasglasgwm & the lodge.
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Audible alarm system
Disclaimer: Information included is correct at time of inputting. North Wales Tourism accepts no responsibility for any changes, postponement, cancellation or any other reason affecting the events listed.