Dolawel is 4 Star Visitwales graded bed and breakfast accommodation in the heart of Snowdonia. It is located in the village of Rhiwbryfdir on the outskirts of Blaenau Ffestiniog on way out of town on the road to Betws Y Coed. The village is surrounded by the spectacular and picturesque Snowdonia National Park.
The house, built circa 120 years ago, is the former residence of one of the slate quarry managers and has been sympathetically modernised over the years. Situated close to the A470 trunk road, Dolawel is easy to find and yet guaranteed to provide peace and tranquillity for all of our guests. Parking is provided within the grounds, in an enclosed parking area. The mainline railway station is just a 10-minute walk away and a bus stop just outside.
All of our accommodation is spacious and comfortable. All rooms are double glazed, heated and furnished to the highest standards; with Flatscreen Digital TV/DVD, Free Wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities, shaver points and hairdryers.
All bedrooms are ensuite and there is a separate dining room and a large Guest Lounge for you to relax in. Here you will find comfortable couches, books and information on walks in the local area. There are also games and puzzles for your relaxation.
We are keen to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and are always willing to listen to your comments to further improve our facilities.
- Electric shaver points
- DVD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Euros accepted
- Cots available
- Central heating
- High chairs available
- Staff fluent in Welsh
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Television available
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
All bedrooms are located on the first floor and are accessed by stairs with 15 steps. If you have any special requirements it is suggested that you ring Pat or Alister to discuss your needs. We are sensitive to people with any impairments or special dietary requirements and we will endeavour to meet your needs and make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
Disclaimer: North Wales Tourism cannot be held responsible for the standard and quality of any property featured that is not graded by an official organisation.