18 Rose Hill Street,
The Town House is one of the very few houses offering bed and breakfast accommodation situated within the medieval walls of Conwy Town. We are located opposite Conwy Castle, offering guests some of the finest views of both the castle and the town walls.
The guest house, owned and managed by Julie & Mark Poole, was built in the Victorian era around 1849 and has been restored and upgraded to provide tastefully decorated and furnished en-suite bed and breakfast accommodation.
The Town House benefits from its own private car park which is available for all our guests.?
The Town House is in an ideal location for those travelling by bus or train as Conwy has connections to all areas of North Wales. The Guest House is situated only 200 yards away from Conwy Railway Station and within a short walk of the excellent Arriva and KMP bus service pick up points.
The attractions of Snowdonia, Conwy Valley, Betws-y-coed, Llanberris, Llandudno, Caernarfon, Anglesey, Harlech and Portmeirion are all a short drive or bus ride away.
The Conwy RSPB nature reserve is approximately one mile from The Town House, and both Deganwy and Conwy Marinas are within walking distance for those wishing to use sailing facilities in the area.
Our guests are offered a substantial and varied breakfast menu catering for all types of diets with options varying from the traditional full Welsh breakfast to the revitalising fruit sundae.?
Children welcome from age 12.
SH 781774 53.28037 -3.82875
Manchester International and Liverpool John Lennon Airports are approximately 90 minutes away by car.? Regular mainline rail services stop at Conwy railway station throughout the day.
Access to Conwy is now easier than ever, the M56 motorway joining with the A55 which is the main coastal route through North Wales.?
When arriving in Conwy on foot or by car across the estuary bridge, you will see the castle on your left with a small traffic island in front of it. Take the second exit into the one-way traffic system, a large pay and display car park is on your left, as you pass the end of the car park The Town House is situated on your right.?
If you enter Conwy from the direction of Caernarvon, you will travel through the arch in the Town Walls and up Castle Street (the castle is directly in front of you), as you reach the end of Castle Street turn right and pass the pay and display car park on your left. As you reach the end of the car park The Town House is situated on your right.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Electric shaver points
- DVD player
- CD player
- Vegetarian diet available
- Central heating
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Television available
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
Children welcome from age 12.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
The Town House is accessed via a three inch step. Inside the property a narrow hallway leads to the dining room and a steep staircase with a 90 degree turn at the top. Stairwells are illuminated and handrails are fitted. There are 14 steps up to the 1st floor and another 13 steps to the 2nd floor rooms. All guest bedrooms are on the first or second floor, there is no lift available. None of our rooms have baths. Fire alarms are audible only.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
Disclaimer: North Wales Tourism cannot be held responsible for the standard and quality of any property featured that is not graded by an official organisation.